can provide a pair of Protective Shoes
can provide a year’s MDT to heal leprosy
can raise awareness to end discrimination
“Not long after the birth of my second child
I had a fever and could not work.
My husband said that if I was not working
then why should I eat. He stopped me eating
and started to beat me. This happened for a
week, I felt too weak to fight back and blisters
appeared all over my body.
He was told by the villagers that he had to
choose between his wife and living in the
village. If I remained he would not be allowed
to use the water or get employment.
So my husband told me to go away and die
somewhere and that he would dig the grave.
He died in 1995. I went back to the village for
his funeral, but I was told to stay away and
watch from a distance.
No-one wants me there.”
• that no person with leprosy
need miss out on MDT
• front-line workers are kept
safe and strong
• governments will help end leprosy
• encourage your church to take part
• resources are available, and free
• $15 can provide a pair of Protective Shoes
• $432 can provide a year’s MDT to heal leprosy
• $86 can raise awareness to end discrimination
Are you looking to ask us a question, provide feedback, or having trouble with something on the website? Please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch shortly.