International Programs Finance Officer
- Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact on leprosy by supporting our International Programs team in financial administration?
- Do you have demonstrated experience in managing financial controls for not-for-profit organisations?
The Leprosy Mission Australia (TLMA) is an energetic team of people who work together to support people affected by leprosy and disability throughout its projects overseas. As a Christian based organisation we are passionate about the cause of The Leprosy Mission and our Christian vision, mission and values. We have an ambitious strategy of zero transmission of leprosy, zero discrimination and zero disability as a consequence of leprosy by 2035. If you are interested in becoming part of this dynamic team read on.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer to play an integral role in supporting the International Programs department in implementing its overseas development program.
You will have an understanding of financial controls including those relating to grant funding and an ability to support the analysis and management of financial risk within the International Programs projects.
Your attention to detail will ensure that all project financial activities comply with the ACFID Code of Conduct, Partnership Agreements and DFAT requirements.
You will also play a role in supporting our project partners with financial management and compliance requirements.
Key Selection Criteria
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the Christian beliefs, vision, mission and values of TLMA
- Bachelor of Accounting or professional accounting qualification along with audit experience and 3-5 years of relevant experience in not for profits or international development
- Understanding of risks and financial controls
- Understanding of grant processes, especially DFAT/ANCP
- Excellent analysis skills and attention to detail, with an ability to summarise and present information as required
- Problem solving skills and a desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be proactive in decision making
- Proven administrative skills and good organisational abilities
- Self-motivated with the capacity to work as part of a team, and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to teamwork with staff, volunteers, Board and other stakeholders
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Sensitivity to cross cultural issues of community development and ability to communicate with, and encourage Implementing country staff as necessary
- Experience with the conduct and analysis of audits and risk management
- An understanding of Christian mission in supporting and Implementing Countries
This position is based at The Leprosy Mission Australia National Office in Box Hill Victoria. Whilst restrictions regarding COVID-19 remain in place there will be a requirement for the capacity to work from home.
This role will involve overseas visits each year, and this will be expected to resume once safe international travel is allowed.
TLMA has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. The successful candidate must sign and comply with all TLM organisational policies, including the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
How to Apply
Your application should include a tailored CV of no more than 2 sides of A4 and a supporting statement of no more than 1 side of A4. Your supporting statement should highlight your interest in TLMA, how you meet the above Essential Selection criteria and your motivation for applying for this role.
You can download the Position Description here.
Please detail your relevant experience, ensuring this is in line with the above job description. Please also include your earliest availability to commence employment in the role if successful with your application.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 6 January 2020.
Suitable candidates may be contacted ahead of the closing date and incomplete applications will not be processed. TLMA is an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of any characteristic. We particularly encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with direct experience of living or working with people with disabilities.
Please note, given the small size of the team we are unable to offer feedback to unsuccessful applicants.