World Leprosy Day
Almighty Father, the giver of life and health, look mercifully on those who suffer from leprosy.
Stretch out your hand to touch and heal them as Jesus did during His earthly life.
Grant wisdom and insight to those who are seeking the prevention and cure of the disease.
Give skill and sympathy to those who minister to the patients.
Reunite the separated with their families and friends.
And inspire your people with the task set before The Leprosy Mission,
That it may never lack either the staff or the means to carry on its healing work,
In accordance with your will, and to the glory of your holy name.
We ask for this for the sake of Jesus Christ, your Son, our Lord,
You can stop this happening.
Binta lives in a poor area of Nigeria and is severely disabled as a result of leprosy. Binta cannot walk at all. One of her legs has been amputated and the pain and ulcers in the other means she can’t move easily. It didn’t have to be this way and with your help others can be protected from a life marred by leprosy.
The Leprosy Mission is now supporting Binta. Please join with us and transform lives for people like her who face uncertain futures following a diagnosis of leprosy.
To mark World Leprosy Day we’re asking you to host a Cuppa for a Cure morning or afternoon tea in 2017.
Hosting a Cuppa for a Cure tea party is a great way to have fun, raise awareness of leprosy and raise money for those affected by leprosy and disability.
Morning or afternoon tea, anywhere or anytime. Hold it as part of a special event or celebration, a gathering with your friends at home, at church or in your group. We can provide you with the resources and newsletters you need. Even your tea and coffee.
|Host a Cuppa for a Cure and change lives
You and your friends can raise much needed funds to help free people affected by leprosy, like Binta, from the devastation of disability, isolation, poverty and rejection.
Have a Cuppa for a Cure tea party. To register your event and request resources get in touch with Pam Lake, The Leprosy Mission Australia Relationship Manager!
How Cuppa for a Cure works
Set the date
Register your event
Invite your guests
Change lives together
You can hold your event at anytime during 2017. Remember to give your guests plenty of notice so that as many as possible will be able to attend.
Invite as many people as you and your venue can handle. Don’t forget to send a reminder to your guests as the date approaches.
Get together with friends, family or colleagues to raise awareness of leprosy and raise money for people affected by leprosy and disability.
Planning your Cuppa for a Cure tea party
Here’s some great tips to make your tea party a success:
- Charge an entry fee and pass around a donation box
- Introduce a ‘Gold Coin’ donation for each cuppa you serve
- Encourage everyone to bring along a friend or colleague to the event
- At work, why not introduce a Cuppa Tax where everyone pays $1 or $2 to boil the kettle
- Gifts of Love – invite your guests to give a Gift of Love from the catalogue and change lives
- Hold a tea tasting where people can try teas and treats from countries we support — Nigeria, Timor Leste, India, Nepal, Thailand, Papua New Guinea
- Buy your tea and coffee from The Leprosy Mission Australia and you’ll provide even more support
- Sell merchandise from our latest Gift Catalogue at your Cuppa for a Cure event
- You might like to pray with The Leprosy Mission Prayer in the sidebar (top-right).